July 31, 2014

Light And Narrow

After having done a lot of online research on SUP boards in the hopes of purchasing my own, I took the time to "test drive" a few today. The owner of the SUP place was so helpful and really took his time to answer all my questions and let me try out several boards.

One board in particular was really narrow and therefore was not as easy to stand on as the others, but the weight of it was lighter than any other board. After being on it for a little while, the SUP guy told me, "Not many people can ride that board. It's not for everyone."

This statement, and the fact that it is the narrowest of the boards, made me think of the scripture about the Narrow Gate:
Matthew 7:13-14
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Choosing to be a Christian doesn't mean life suddenly gets easier. Everyone regardless of their faith experiences trials in life. But Jesus promises us this:
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)
My new SUP board! I'm as happy as a bride who just found her wedding dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment