August 19, 2014

Do Not Worry

After a stressful day, I took a leisurely paddle and just took in all the sights and sounds of the
surrounding nature. Listening to the birds chirp and the fish splash as they would brave the surface of the water. Watching the turtles sunning themselves on branches sticking out of the river. And watching a blue heron fly across the horizon in front of me. The blue herons are so beautiful.

Photo by Mike Peters
While paddling, I also spotted a large bird's nest in a tree top. It was the largest nest I've ever seen. I'm not sure if it was the nest of a heron, but definitely of something similar in size. I was thinking how easy the animals have it...not a care in the world. I was then reminded how we as humans really don't have as much to worry about as we think we do.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" (Matthew 6:25-27)

No comments:

Post a Comment