August 10, 2014

Digging Deep

In helping beginner paddlers get started, one of the things I have to remind them of is to always dig the face of the paddle deep into the water so that it's completely submersed. Not putting it fully in the water is one of the biggest mistakes beginner paddlers make, causing them to move slower through the water.

One of the biggest mistakes many new (and not so new) believers make is not taking time to dig deep into the Word on a daily basis. Relying on a scriptural sermon for less than an hour a week on Sundays only skims the surface of what God wants to personally say to each of us.

Up until about six years ago, I didn't spend time in the Word on a daily basis. Now, I can't imagine a day without it. It's as important to my day as eating breakfast or even breathing. God has revealed so much to me in these past six years because I have taken the time to listen to Him, and I want to continue listening to Him. Have you made time in your day to dig deep and hear what He wants to say to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment