August 9, 2014

What Are Your Gifts?


A few days ago the owner of the SUP shop said he wanted to meet with me. I was curious about what he wanted to discuss and when I went in to see him yesterday, he asked if I'd be interested in helping out on the weekends with teaching first-time paddlers. I was very excited about this since teaching and encouraging others are two of my top spiritual gifts (if you've never taken a spiritual gifts assessment, it's a cool thing to do...it helps you know better how God has equipped you in a unique way to serve Him and His children).

So yesterday, I received an intensive crash-course training on being a SUP instructor. I got to start today under the owner's watchful eye, and while the teaching part came easy, handling all the different boards (loading them onto the docks, launching them, etc.) was a little awkward (I hope to have that part down to a science pretty soon!).


Spiritual gifts can be utilized in a number of ways and settings, not just inside a church building. I see opportunities around me everyday in my own business to utilize my gifting. If you are employed in a job that requires skills that match up to your spiritual gifts, then you are in a good place. If your job requirements don't match up with your gifts, perhaps there are volunteer opportunities that do where you can fulfill your natural talents. What are your spiritual gifts? How are you using them?

No comments:

Post a Comment