August 2, 2014

Fins To The Left, Fins To The Right

Today when I was attaching the fin to my board before going out on the river, I heard behind me the voice of the SUP owner telling me to go to the right out of the harbor because the current was unusually strong today. (Going to the right would cause me to expend less energy at the end of my paddle when I would be more fatigued, making for a safer paddle.)

I really appreciated him looking out for me letting me know this before I got out there on the water. It made me think of the scripture Isaiah 30:21: "Your own ears will hear him. Right behind you a voice will say, 'This is the way you should go,' whether to the right or to the left."

And since the docks were being decorated for a Jimmy Buffet party later tonight, I also couldn't help but get Buffet's lyrics "fins to the left, fins to the right" stuck in my head! Was humming it up the river and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment