August 3, 2014

Go With The Flow

Today's current in the river was even stronger than yesterday's unusually strong current, so I went to the right and headed upstream. It took so much more effort today and I could feel myself quickly moving backward when I stopped to have a sip of water or to check out the turtle sunning itself on a limb. Once I reached a certain point, I decided to just turn around and go with the flow. I rested for a bit by sitting on my board and letting the current do all the work to carry me back to where I started.

Sometimes it's best to stop fighting against God and give it all over to Him, letting Him lead our lives out of the overflowing goodness of His heart.

Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, "Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.” (John 7:38)

No comments:

Post a Comment